Thursday, January 7, 2010

WE'VE GOT PUPPIES!

Right after puppy #1 came out and Sammy ate the sack.
Puppy 1 and 2 came ten minutes. It was about 1 an hour after that.
Giving Sounder some TLC and encouragement. Us Mom's have to stick together.
I woke everyone up at about 2:30 right after #3 was born so they could see it.
Just a few hours old.

TODAY at 3 DAYS
These were taken today! All of them are black and white except one that has brown. They're all so cute! Can't wait to play with them!


On November 10th, I pulled into my driveway and there was a strange dog sitting in the middle of it. At first I thought it was our 5 month old puppy Sounder but then realized when I got out that I didn't know this dog. We gave her a warm garage to sleep in as it was freezing outside but left the door open so she could leave. We woke up to her. We proceeded to give her food and a warm garage while we asked around and put an ad in the paper for a missing dog. We talked about the possibility of someone having dumped her at the end of Reata.

We fully intended to give this dog away. However, she quickly won over our hearts. She's extremely obedient and hardly ever barks which I LOVE!

Since being with us, the kids named her Sammy and she has slimmed down quite a bit since living here. 3 weeks ago, Ken mentioned he thought she might be pregnant due to her belly size. I took her the vet and they confirmed the pregnancy and said she was due somewhere around 2-3 weeks.

I was hoping she would have her babies between Christmas and New Year's before I went to Boise for the New Year weekend. Less then 6 hours after I returned home right before midnight on the 3rd of January, Sammy had her first baby. I stayed up for 4 of the 5 and was with her but she did awesome! 3 girls and 2 boys.

We are fortunate that Sammy chose our house!

5 comments:

Wendy Sousley said...

AAAAA! So cute! Good luck with them! Bob said "No Way" ;(

Shelli said...

I think that Sammy was also fortunate! You are awesome and patient and loving!

Mike and Julina said...

Sammy made it into the best family! Tell her congrats for me...hehe. Can't believe I missed the birth by a few hours.

Brandon and Alesha said...

When can we come see them?

Tami said...

They are adorable! We need to come over and see them sometime! How fun! I can't wait to see your Hawaii pictures soon.