Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthday Fly Fishing Trip





























For Ken's 40th birthday, he asked me NOT to throw him a party. He said he wanted to go do something with just me. So.......I thought and thought and thought. What is something we haven't done that we could do with it cold outside? I came up with fly fishing. Neither of us had ever tried it before and we didn't have to go too far to do it. So, I got online and booked a guided trip out of Cle Elum on the Yakima River.

We loved it!!! We dressed in layers as it was a little rainy and chilly....about 45 degrees to be exact. We started out learning the proper technique and giving it a try. We quickly caught on and caught 10 fish over a 4 hour period. Not bad for first timers!!!

After dark, we went to Suncadia resort in Cle Elum for the night. Nice place but a little spendy.

5 comments:

Wendy Sousley said...

How sweet of him to want to get away with just you! Great idea too! I might have to steal that idea for our next getaway!!

Anonymous said...

I just want to know how in the world can you make those ugly waders look cute.....only you Les could do that!!!!

Mike and Julina said...

What a great idea! 10 fish in 4 hours is awesome. I'm glad you both had fun.

Brandon and Alesha said...

What a fun idea! I think its awesome that he wanted to spend his40th--hard to believe--birthday with just you!

Tami said...

What a nice wife you are Leslie. Looks like fun! Nice job catching so much fish!! That is the best kind of fishing trip.. the kind when you catch stuff.