Friday, April 10, 2009

Madison's DC Trip

My dad gave Madison some names of people he was in Vietnam with who died. Garrett Eddy was on of them.
The White House group shot.
Arlington National Cemetary
Washington Monument....not as tall as I thought...ha ha
Theatre where Lincoln was killed
Mount Vernon

Madison spent 4 days of her spring break in Washington DC with a group from her 8th grade class. In order to go, Madison earned half of the trip costs which meant she earned and saved up $800. Good job, Madison!

She saw many of the capital's highlights including the memorial of the flag raising of Iwo Jima in which a cousin, Franklin Sousley, was one of the five men raising the flag. Her camera was dead at this point so I don't have a picture of that, yet.

5 comments:

Wendy Sousley said...

What a great experience! I did this trip when I was in 9th grade and loved it! I can't wait to see ore pics.

Leslie said...

I'm impressed that she saved up half the money. What a determined and responsible girl. Madison is a great girl...I love her tons.

The MOM of 4 Greenstreets said...

Looks like an awesome trip! I wore a POW bracelet starting in grade school and many years later I went to the Wall and found his name! It was a cool thing.

Mike and Julina said...

What an amazing trip. Madison you will always remember this trip. Doesn't it seem more special because YOU saved for it. Time to scrapbook it now.

Suzanne said...

Oh I am so jealous! I have never been to D.C. We are planning on going as a family some day, guess I better start saving!