Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cyclist in the Making and Spring Break









For Spring Break, Christian went to the Oregon Coast with his other family, the Hansen's. Madison went on a school trip to Washington DC (she earned $800 to pay for half her trip), Ken worked, and I went to Puyallup and Olympia with Macy and Caden. First stop was Puyallup to my cousins Tim and Corina Hannah's house. Corina is 38 weeks prego and on semi-bed rest so we spent a few days with her and the kiddo's hanging out. My baby brother Mike is a police officer in their area so he would stop by a few times a day on patrol when he didn't have any calls or on his lunch break and visit. Toward the end of our week, we headed down to Olympia to Mike's house and my oldest brother J and his family came down for pizza and a movie. We went to this place called Charlie's Safari with Mike, Julina, and little LIncoln. It's an indoor playland. Very fun and it was busy!

One thing Macy got out of spring break was wanting to learn to ride her bike without training wheels. She saw her cousin Megan do it. So, on the drive home, she asked if I would take of her training wheels. I did so and she taught herself to ride in a matter of an hour. She didnt' want ANY of my help! Good job, Macy! I look forward to many rides with you!

7 comments:

The MOM of 4 Greenstreets said...

Is that a Glock on your baby brother's hip??

Suzanne said...

Great job Macy! Katie just took off her training wheels last summer and it was a big event!

Mike and Julina said...

Good job Macy Macy Moo!!! I loved having you guys here, it was so fun.

Tami said...

Looks like you guys had a fun spring break! Way to go on your bike Macy!! I can't wait to hear all about Madison's trip!

Theresa Halverson said...

What a fun and relaxing spring break! Love the pics. Next, you need to get Macy to ride up your hill! I still think you guys should install a funicular! :-)

Wendy Sousley said...

Way to go Macy! What a fun spring break!

Leslie said...

Looks like Macy's gonna take after her Momma!