Tuesday, March 24, 2009

BEWARE OF LISTENING EARS

Most of you have heard my pregnant chalk story. For those who haven't here's a quick recap. When I was pregnant with Macy, I was at church and saw a piece of chalk (fairly new but used) and it looked so good I wanted to eat it. I stuck my head out in the hall to see if anyone was coming from either direction. I didn't see anyone so put the chalk in my mouth and ate like a rabbit would eat a carrot. It was SOOOOOO goooooodddddd! This is the ONLY time I ate chalk.....until I tasted it non-pregnant to see if it had the same effect.....just a taste...and I didn't like it.

Well, the reason for the post....today, Macy and I were at Target to buy a binder. I told her to look for some chalk (for my primary bag so I don't have to go the library on Sundays). Macy says: "Pregnant ladies have to eat chalk, right, Mom?" I asked her what she was talking about and she said : "YOU ate chalk when you were pregnant. Don't all pregnant ladies have to eat chalk?" It dawned on me. She heard me tell the story to somebody and thought it was NORMAL.

Today was a good lesson for my daughter. She learned that her mother is NOT normal.

4 comments:

The MOM of 4 Greenstreets said...

Actually you'd probably be surprised how many pregnant women eat chalk and other various non-food type items -- Not altogether abnormal -- funny story non the less.

Theresa Halverson said...

Hilarious story. Isn't it funny what our kids tend to pick up from what we say? You're right -- beware of listening ears!

Mike and Julina said...

I think that little girl hears everything.

Brandon and Alesha said...

I've never heard that story before. Very comical. I wonder if Macy has ever wondered in primary why she has never seen me eat the chalk while doing sharing time(: