Thursday, March 5, 2009

TO EVERY TIME THERE IS A SEASON

This is Grandma...my grandma....my children's great-grandma. She is the one and only that I knew really well growing up and I cherish her dearly.

Grandma has spent her life in the service of others. She speaks kindly of others and looks for opportunities to give support.

Like all of us, Grandma is getting older and with that comes the need to receive service from others. It is hard to accept.

Well, this is my time and my season to give service to my grandma and it makes me so happy to do it...to take care of her. I enjoyed taking her to the hair salon to get her perm. We spend one morning a week playing cards together.

This week, her older sister was visiting from Walla Walla. I had such a great time spending a few hours with these funny ladies playing a dice game called Farckle. Aunt Marge didn't know how to play and by the time it was her turn again, she had forgotten how to play the game but she still managed to beat us a few times and we're seasoned pros!

If only everyone could have this kind of opportunity. I love you, Gma!

3 comments:

Mike and Julina said...

I also feel so blessed to have her as a grandma. She is my grandma not just my husbands grandma.

choirnerd said...

i miss her so much and i understand how you feel i would spend at least every weekend with her at her apartment and now its hard to live over here without her and judy, Tanner

Tami said...

What a sweet post Leslie. You are such a cute granddaughter! How nice that your grandma lives close by!