Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Caden




Today is Caden's "real" birthday. He has been counting down the days to turn 9! I love this boy soooo much. He was the calm child after the storm. I say that with love, Christian....you were an awesome happy little baby and toddler....just very busy!

There are so many things I love about Caden. He is genuinely kind and it is so evident when he is around a toddler or baby. He is so drawn to them. Yesterday, in line at Costco, he had a baby in the cart behind us just rolling with laughter and I peered around and found many adults in the lines around us just smiling and laughing at the scene Caden didn't even know he was a part of. He was simply having fun with a baby.

Caden is driven...more than any child I know. He will work so hard to succeed at something. He is outside DAILY kicking a soccer ball all by himself...he doesn't care. He just wants to get better and better and really enjoys putting in the time and practice.

Caden is adorable, smiles with his eyes, and has a beautiful heart. I love you, son.

5 comments:

donna said...

Leslie,
Ok I know this sounds weird, But I saw you at girls camp and the whole time was i trying to remember where I seen you before. Then I remembered that about 6 or 7 years ago our daughters were on the same soccer team, and you invited our family over to dinner. I think your husband served a mission with my husband brother’s Andrew.
Did you enjoy girls camp?
Donna Bagley

Leslie said...

Hi,Donna. That's funny! You are absolutely correct! Isn't it amazing how time flies! So fun that you are a blogger!!!! Loved girls camp...I hadn't been in 17 years!

The "J' Eder Family said...

We love you too Caden! Happy Birthday!

Suzanne said...

Happy birthday Caden! You are officially older than Katie today!

Brandon and Alesha said...

He is such a sweet kid. I don't ever think I've ever seen him without that adorable grin on his face. Happy Birthday Caden!