Sunday, July 19, 2009

Seattle Sounders Game

This is where I sat for two hours on the exit ramp. I hate traffic!!!
My handsome boys in green.
We had great seats! 21 rows up from the field.




Chelsea groupies doing a victory lap after the game.


For the boys birthday, we bought tickets to go to the MLS Seattle Sounders soccer game. We went yesterday. We got to Seattle with plenty of time. An hour and fifteen minutes before game time. However, we proceeded to sit on the exit ramp in gridlock traffic! After 45 minutes of barely moving, I kicked Ken and the boys out of the car to run to the stadium on the side of the freeway!!! We paid a pretty penny for these tickets and I'll be darned if the were going to miss any of it!! I was driving so I stayed behind. It took 2 hours to get off the exit ramp! I made it into the stadium right before half time but at least my boys saw kick off. The crowd was awesome! There was so much energy and non stop action in the game. We loved our first game even if we did lose to Chelsea. There were over 65,200 people present at this game. Totally sold out!

4 comments:

Theresa Halverson said...

I hate that traffic, too! It's a pain to get off the freeway there. I'm sorry you missed some of the game, but your guys all look so cute in their Sounders jerseys! What a fun birthday present!

Wendy Sousley said...

That is such an awesome birthday! your boys will remember that forever! Glad you made it finally! Sorry traffic sucked!

Regan said...

Ah, the sacrifices a mom will make for her children...I can tell you are a great mom!

Tami said...

Yea! That looks like so much fun! What a great gift idea.