Tuesday, May 4, 2010

SALT LICK


We got cows! Yes, those four legged animals that sit out in the pasture and graze all day. Our purpose you ask? To eat them! The kids named them Big and Mac in honor of our purpose. They are actually very low maintenance. Give them water and feed them some grain once a day and they are in moo heaven!

Our kids find this project very exciting. Macy and I were in the car the other day and she asks, "Mom, are you getting enough salt?" (Background info: I have low blood pressure which requires me to eat alot of salt and drink alot of water to avoid lightheadedness and passing out...another story). I said, "Yes, most of the time. Why?" Macy replies very seriously, "Maybe we should buy you a salt block like the cows have and then all you have to do is lick it when you need your salt!" Macy is thinking this is a brilliant idea. I just start to laugh and said, "Great idea, but I think I'll stick to my people food and salt."

4 comments:

Shelli said...

I can just picture a nice big salt lick sitting on your counter so you can have at it every time you pass by. ha ha. Love the cows and the names are GREAT! :O)

Wendy Sousley said...

Big & Mac are Great names! I love how your kids are so creative! I think You should look into that slat lick counter top idea, I bet they could make pretty cool sculptures! Tee hee!

Mike and Julina said...

Love the cows names! Macy's mind is always turning huh? Love the things that come out of her mouth.

Anonymous said...

nice post keep blogging, please out my blog,... thanks
http://jabrasr.blogspot.com/