Monday, December 14, 2009

ALL ABOARD!


















This weekend was Polar Express time! We drove to Hood River, OR to the Mt. Hood Railroad to ride the Polar Express train. Our expectations were low based upon some friends who have gone before. Our train was sold out...390 passengers... but the freeway between Hood River and Portland was shut down due to icy conditions which left our train with MANY empty seats. We had an awesome time! The train was old which is part of its charm and we got individual attention from the conductor, elves, and Santa since so many people were missing. Our hot chocolate was even luke warm! The Polar Express book was read to us over the loud speaker and we sang christmas carols. The ride was an hour and a half. We take a trip to the North Pole where Santa and his Elves join us on the train and there is a little village to see outside of the train but we don't get off. Did I mention we were all wearing pajamas including my parents? Most kids were in pajamas but VERY FEW adults. I loved wearing mine!
I would recommend this trip as long as you keep your expectations low and you have smaller kids. My older kids had fun but if they were any older, I don't think they would have enjoyed it as much.

3 comments:

Mike and Julina said...

I wanna do it next year for sure!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you liked it! We did it when our kids were way younger and they loved it!! I agree you can't hype it up too much! What a fun family day though!!! Good memories for sure!!!

Tami said...

Looks like fun! You have such a great family!