Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A BAKER'S DOZEN?






During singing time in Primary on Sunday, the topic of cookies came up. I told the kids that once a year, the women in my family get together and bake Christmas cookies. I asked them to guess how many? The first guess was 15. I said MORE! Then one kid who likes to be a smarty pants said "1000!" You should have seen his eyes when I said MORE!

You read right. We baked 1155 cookies. I know because I counted EVERY single one. We started at 9am and finished by 5:30. That includes cutting out and frosting 360 sugar cookies!!

I look forward to this back breaking day. SO FUN!!! Thanks, Ladies! Mom is missing in these pictures. She was stilled drugged up and in a sling from her arm surgery.

5 comments:

Tami said...

You guys are amazing! How funny, you are blogging right while I was looking at your blog. After I made a comment a new post appeared. Yea! Nice job on the cookies! I am glad that you broke 1000 this year!

Leslie said...

That's a lot of cookies. I love how you team up with your family to get it done. What a fun way to spend the day. Just curious how many did you eat?

Shelli said...

Wow. Plain old WOW!

Mike and Julina said...

That was oh so fun! I love your post title.

Brandon and Alesha said...

I can totally see your conversation in primary. Too funny! That is unbelieveable how many cookies you made. What do you do with all those cookies...hmmm?