Wednesday, February 11, 2009

HOLE IN THE WALL






Ken and I went shooting at a place in town called The Hole In The Wall. This was my first time going to an actual shooting range to do some target practice and getting familiar with my gun. I actually surprised myself!! My first couple of rounds I shot a little low but still within the chest cavity. Each time I got better. By the end, I was dead center of my target 3 of my 5 shots. This gave me GREAT confidence!! I know that if someone breaks into my house, I CAN protect myself and my family. I'm going to take a Firearm Skills course in March and decided (after one trip to the shooting range) that I am going to get my concealed weapons permit.....BECAUSE I CAN! Look closely at the 2nd to last picture. You can actually see the bullet leaving the gun. Good picture, Ken!

4 comments:

choirnerd said...

now your kids have something to watch out for :)ha

Wendy Sousley said...

That is awesome! You might give Bob a challenge at the range!!! HA HA!!

Mike and Julina said...

How fun. I would love to go to the range. You're a good shot. Awesome picture of the bullet.

Theresa Halverson said...

Leslie Oakley! Wow -- you're a great shot! That was a cool picture that Ken took. Nice. I tried to get a concealed weapon permit with my 22 rifle, but I didn't have a coat large enough to conceal it. ha ha JK Fun pictures!