Saturday, May 2, 2009

Almost Brought Me to Tears


Today I had one of those MOMMY MOMENTS that brought me very close to tears. Now, to some of you, your going to go, "Huh?"

Caden had his last regular season soccer game at 8am this morning. I am truly a soccer mom. I love love love love love to watch my boys play.

At 9am, Christian had one of two games he was to play. His team was down a player and, in order to not forfeit, Christian's coach asked Caden to play. Caden is 8 and the boys on this team are 10 and 11 year olds.

Caden was very hesitant to play. He's practiced with Christian's team but he was nervous to play. With a HUGE push from Mom, he played.....and he was FANTASTIC!!! Five minutes into the game, Caden's nerves were gone as he realized he could play with the big boys. It made me so proud!!!! But that wasn't the MOMMY MOMENT.

The MOMMY MOMENT came when Caden made a sweet pass from the right side across over to Christian and Christian shot it in for the first goal. That was my MOMMY MOMENT. Christian and Caden ran up to eachother with big smiles and high fives. They did it....together. They did it two more times in that first game and couple more in the second.

My excitement wasn't so much for the fact that goals were scored....although that was fantastic. It was the common (excuse the pun) goal the two were going toward together and accomplishing....TOGETHER...and then celebrating....TOGETHER.

8 comments:

Theresa Halverson said...

Oh, that's a TERRIFIC mommy moment! It would have totally brought me to tears. That's soooo cool! Tell your boys good job and good job to you, too, for raising your boys to work together like that!

Leslie said...

All that practicing in the back yard has certainly paid off! Wish I would have been there to watch.

Mike and Julina said...

That IS a proud moment. I bet your boys were walking on clouds.

Wendy Sousley said...

AHHH that is awesome! What a great moment, you have such great kids!

Brandon and Alesha said...

That is awesome! Remind me to tell you what I talked to Christian about in sharing time last month.

Katie Wells said...

That IS a great moment!!

Tami said...

Oh, you made me all teary. So sweet! I love your boys.

Shelly Yorgesen said...

Oh that is a treasure les. I loved it, I love how you love to watch them, you inspire me to love it more.