Thursday, December 4, 2008

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR




It's one of the things I look forward to most every year.....decorating for Christmas. Last year, we hardly decorated and had a borrowed tiny tree while we were living in an apartment during our house building. This year we've had so much fun decorating! One of our family traditions is that each child gets a new ornament every year when we decorate the tree. When they get married, they take their ornaments with them (except the boys if I don't think they're wife will appreciate them!). The kids each have their own box and are in charge of hanging their own and I love hearing all the "I remember when I got this" or " I remember when I made this!" Caden's was the best this year though. He took out a photo ornament he made when he was in preschool. He asked, "Mom, can you take my picture and I make an ornament so everyone knows I'm 8?" I loved it! Seasons Greetings everyone!

6 comments:

Mike and Julina said...

You're house turned out so beautiful. See you soon...again.

Leslie said...

Your home and the decorations are beautiful. That is a perfect place for the tree.

Brandon and Alesha said...

I agree with Leslie-perfect spot for the Christmas tree! Your home looks like a picture out of a magazine.

Tami said...

Your house looks great! Merry Christmastime!

Justin said...

You have such a cute little family. So great to see you guys are growing....tell Kenneth hello!

Anonymous said...

oh how beautiful!! love how cozy it all looks, good job!!