Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Favorite Matriarch



My Grandma Sousley is one of the most important women in my life. She was the one constant person (besides my parents and 4 brothers) that I had growing up. Having grown up in the military and moving every couple of years, one thing remained the same....my grandmother on 48th Ave. I loved going to Gma's house. There was always something magical about her home. It wasn't big or full of expensive things. It was full of fun and love. That's how I want my house to be...filled with love and fun. I want people to feel welcome always! Now, I have the pleasure of living just a few miles from my grandmother. She is my card playing partner, we enjoy doing puzzles together, and I love to just sit across the table from her and chat. Gma is the most involved grandmother and great grandmother I have EVER known. She was at the birth of a couple of my babies and even cut Caden's cord when he was born. I love you, Gma!

3 comments:

Shelly Yorgesen said...

I love the roots a grandma or gpa gives. I love your love for important things in life like relationships and time with those who really matter to you. She is so adorable, what will we look like and who will love us like we love them? shel

Leslie said...

You have had some amazing examples of nurturing and caring, and it shows everyday in the way you live and the lives you touch. Love ya!

choirnerd said...

i miss grandma and i cried when i read that i love caden and christian's pj bottoms................
Tanner