Wednesday, January 28, 2009

100 THINGS ABOUT ME

Ok, I realize there may not be 100 things you want to know about me but..... I saw this on Wendy's blog and thought it would be fun...so here goes.....

1. I always dated older men.
2. I ended up marrying one. I was barely 19 and he was 24.
3. I was the only girl on an all boys baseball (fast pitch) team as a kid.
4. I played outfield, pitcher, and catcher.
5. My favorite time of day is morning. I hate waking up but once I get up, I love the quiet and solitude.
6. My favorite thing to do at night is take a whirlpool bath and read a book right before I go to bed.
7. I am the only girl of 5 kids.
8. I went to 9 schools in 12 years. 4 of those being high schools.
9. I started playing the organ at church and the piano for choir at the age of 12.
10. I really love to go out and ride my bike for miles. I rode about 75 miles a week when it was warmer.
11. I LOVE TO EAT!
12. I exercise so I can eat!
13. I'm smaller than I was when I got married!!!
14. My church callings have included: anything piano or organ related, primary teacher (2 times), Relief Society teacher, Primary President, Activity Days leader, and Teacher Development Coordinator.
15. My family read the Book of Mormon together in 3 1/2 months when President Hinckley gave the challenge. We need another "official" challenge!
16. I really HATED turning 29.
17. Then I asked myself, would I really want to do my 20's over again and that was the end of that!
18. I had my first baby at 20.
19. I had my last baby at 27.
20. My oldest baby will be in high school this fall!
21. My favorite movies are romantic comedies.
22. I really loved to read and read ALOT!
23. I have met Stephenie Meyer (Twilight Series author) 2 times!
24. I collect my favorite novels signed by the author.
25. We've bought 2 vehicles and a kids motorcycle on ebay!
26. I LOVE being a soccer mom.
27. And a volleyball mom.
28. And a gymnastics mom.
29. And a piano mom.
30. I am taking a organ class from an amazing organist who has a masters in organ performance. I'm finally learning the correct way to do the foot pedals!
31. I have developed anxiety in my 30's going to the dentist! Thanks Mom!
32. I have lived in the Tri-Cities now for 5 years which is longer than anywhere else.
33. My bucket list includes visiting the Great Wall of China.
34. I am an Olympics freak. Have to watch it every night when it's that time!
35. I can get in the shower, have my make up on, hair done, and be dressed in 30 minutes.
36. I'm constantly feeling like someone is missing....although I'm content as can be with my family of 6!
37. I think my husband is sexy with a goatee. Did I spell that right?
38. I drive a mini van even though I swore I never would.
39. I'm an obsessed blogger.
40. My favorite dinner is rib eye steak and baked potato.
41. My favorite ice cream is chocolate chip mint or cookie dough.
42. I love going on road trips with my family.
43. I love going on getaways with just my husband.
44. I have guilt over not having enough patience with my kids.
45. I can't hold a grudge against anyone.
46. My house is my haven. I love it!
47. My parents, in-laws, gma and aunt moved to Tri-Cities to be closer to us.
48. I blast music in my car. My kids don't know what to do if the music isn't on.
49. I turn the stereo off in my car just to hear my kids keep singing.
50. I have really fantastic friends.
51. I am an obsessed scrapbooker.
52. My greatest fear is losing one of my kids.
53. My greatest pleasure is seeing my kids succeed at what they are doing.
54. I love to paint....not the artistic kind....but paint walls!
55. I constantly have other kids at my house.
56. My first job was teaching piano.
57. My only non piano jobs were working in the shoe dept at Ross Dress For Less and as a bank teller when Ken and I got married.
58. It really bothers me when I know someone doesn't like me....I think it bothers me because I try to be a friend to all.
59. When I was young, I could burp the alphabet...thanks to a family of boys!
60. I can scrapbook 100 pages in 48 hours on only six hours of sleep.
61. This is my first year of all my kids in school all day.
62. Two people I want to meet are my two brothers who died me ever knowing them (I'm really the only girl of 6 boys).
63. When I was younger I wanted to be a concert pianist.
64. I was baptized in a shipping crate box with tarp in it to hold in the water in the middle of winter, in a friend's backyard, in Japan.
65. I went skinny dipping in the East China Sea and ALMOST got caught by the military police.
66. I went to a habu (snake) and mongoose fight on a school field trip when I lived in Okinawa.
67. I survived 2 years on a 5 square mile in the caribbean handwashing clothes and having the rain as our water source.
68. I think my kids do say the darndest things.
69. I love to paint....not scenery pictures....I suck at that. I love to paint rooms!
70. I'm good at painting....rooms. I don't tape but freehand the edge.
71. I have a REALLY old cell phone. It's ancient, bulky, and won't break.
72. I have a hard time spending money on things that still work....like a new cell phone and plan.
73. I get a high from a good shopping deal.
74. I ALWAYS head to clearance first and rarely buy anything NOT on sale.
75. I am a facebook addict.
76. I love catching up with old friends and seeing how people are now.
77. I love watching the Biggest Loser and American Idol.
78. While watching American Idol, I usually dream about Simon at least once a season.......I don't even think he's that cute.....but evidently I foster a little crush?
79. At night, I like to drive through neighborhoods slowly and peak in the windows. That sounds stalkerish but I like to imagine other peoples lives and get glimpsed of decor. Am I the only one?
80. I compose music.
81. It is hard for me to play my music for other people...I feel very vulnerable.
82. I'm getting bunny lines on my nose.
83. I think I'm a really good gift giver...I really put a lot of thought into a gift.
84. I love having people over.
85. I hate feeling under appreciated. It makes me feel sad and depressed.
86. I try really hard to be uplifting and supportive.
87. I have committed myself to studying the scriptures more.
88. I have the best boys in my CTR 8 class!! They are hilarious!
89. I am blessed with amazing women in my life!
90. I sometimes think about adopting.
91. My car is almost always a mess.
92. My garage is almost always a mess.
93. I want to write a novel.
94. I am contemplated going back to school.
95. I volunteer at Kadlec MEdical Center weekly playing the piano in the lobby.
96. I am an internet junky....I google EVERYTHING! I've probably googled you!
97. I have conversations in my head with people...it's good therapy!
98. I worry....about tons of things. I'll wake up in the middle of the night with a thought and not be able to sleep the rest of the night.
99. I detest waking up to the alarm. I like waking up on my own just before it goes off.
100. I now have my own gun....Ken bought it for me for Christmas.

11 comments:

Samantha said...

I hate doing these things but like to read them...I could only come up with like...20 items for myself. I enjoyed reading yours...you and I have alot in common when it comes to things we want to do! Too bad we are too far away, we could be great friends. (although I hate riding a bike)

Wendy Sousley said...

Great list! I bet that took you half the time it took me!
No you are not the only one with "stalkerish tendencys" Im glad Im not the only one!

Shelli said...

I really liked learning more about you Leslie, you are so stinkin cute and upbeat. You shouldn't fear anyone not liking you, I don't think that is possible. Hey, and I do that driving slowly at night looking in peoples windows also - not stalkerish, just interesting and fun!

choirnerd said...

ya little stalker. googling people and looking through there window at night. im woried.
alsso you said that painting thing twice puts you at 99 sorry:)

Theresa Halverson said...

I love all these things about you! The stalker comment is hilarious, especially after hearing you explain it this morning. So funny. (You're getting a lot of comments on being a stalker -- ha ha). You're such a fun friend!

Leslie said...

About # 37- I Totally agree! # 79- No wonder you could see into my bathroom. #84- I'll come over more often.

Angel Rogers said...

You forgot how fast you can say your ABC's backwards! :)

Leslie said...

Oh yeah!!! Since I said painting twice....Angel reminded me of a talent I have. I can say the ABC's backwards sooooooo fast!! Thanks, Angel!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Made me laugh a few times.

Tami said...

Wow. Fun list. I can't believe that you were baptized in a crate box. You are my kind of shopper! I am glad to know that you like painting, I have some walls that I want to paint sometime... Maybe we could have a painting party. No wonder I like having my blinds closed at night!

choirnerd said...

#79. I like to do the same thing.. It's nice to know I'm not so weird..Jenn