Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Flowers


My husband very occasionally brings me flowers....very occasionally! When we were going through med school and residency, I asked him NOT to buy me flowers with our precious little money because they don't last and I could think of other things I would need or enjoy more on a special occasional. Last night, he came home from work with ice cream and flowers. What was so special about yesterday? Nothing. THat's what was so great about receiving the flowers.

Macy asked me: Mom, why did Dad bring you flowers? I think it's because he loves you alot and I love you, too!

On Wednesday, we'll be celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary. I met him when I was 18 and married just after turning 19. I've almost been with my husband as long as I lived at home!

I would have enjoyed the flowers on Wednesday, but for some reason, it means more to me that he gave them to me on a regular day.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Aaaah, that is so sweet. Congratulations on your 15 year anniversary! I think you two are so awesome together!

Mike and Julina said...

That is so sweet! He picked out beautiful ones.

Leslie said...

I agree with Macy...He loves you! You and Ken just go together, like cookies and milk.

Anonymous said...

I think it was sweet that they came with ice cream!!! What a thoughtful man!!!!

Suzanne said...

Happy anniversary to you guys!

Shelli said...

Happy Anniversary! I love it when our guys do stuff like that. You are such a cute couple. Enjoy your beautiful flowers!