Friday, January 9, 2009

BOOK LIST TAG

At dinner tonight, Kiersten, Theresa, and I were talking about reading and came up with the idea of a book list. So.....here's my suggested reading book list. After you have read it, you are tagged and must post your suggested reading booklist. These are in no particular order as I have LOTS of favorites.

1) Sarah's Key: Historical Fiction about French Jews being sent off to camps with a modern storyline interwoven. Get at library and Target has it.

2) The Last Promise by Richard Paul Evans. This is one of my favorite love stories! It's a true story taht takes place in Italy and I'm dying for it to become a movie.

3) The Captain of My Heart Series by Anita Stansfield: Great adventure and romance set back in the England/New America time.

4) The Sunflower by Richard Paul Evans: True love story that takes place in a Peruvian orphanage.

5) The Gable Faces East and sequel Gables to the Sky by Anita Stansfield. Takes place in Australia many years ago on a horse "station". Great adventure and some romance, too! These books out of print. Local library has them.

5 1/2) Gables of Legacy Series by Anita Stansfield. Read these AFTER #5 above as they are the ancestors. I have these if any want to borrow.

6) Twilight Series: OF COURSE!

7) The Saboteur by Dean Hughes. Paratrooper in WWII: adventure and romance.

8) Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught. Pretty much ANYTHING BY JUDITH MCNAUGHT (Warning: These books do contain love scenes!)

9) The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. LOVE LOVE LOVE (Movie awesome, too)

10) The Count of Monte Cristo By Alexander Dumas. I really love this book and this is one book that I am glad I saw the movie first so that I could know how to pronounce the french words.

11) The Children of the Promise series by Dean Hughes. WWII historical fiction: awesome awesome

12) The Red Scarf by Kate Furnivall: Historical fiction set at a labor camp in Siberia in the 1930's. I have it if any want to borrow it.

13) Memoirs of a Geisha: Kristie got me into this one several years ago. Having lived in Japan for 6 years when I was a kid, I was fascinated with the story. True story from a former Geisha

14) Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. This comes in the 1500 page long version or shorter condensed version. I saw this on Broadway (on a blind date....never saw the guy again...my choice...) and had to read the book and get all the piano music for it. You're probably familiar with it.

I love to read pretty much anything during the WWII time frame especially survivor stories about Nazi Germany, etc. For some reason, it fascinates me.

I have read everything of Nicholas Sparks, Judith McNaught, and Richard Paul Evans. Some people don't like Nicholas Sparks because some of his books don't end happy. Be forewarned but I think he's a great storyteller.

I'm a sucker for a good romance.

Now remember, if you read this, it is YOUR turn to post!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky to get the book of mormon and my Sunday school assignment in every week. I don't know how you get it all done and still have time to read. You are truly amazing to me!!! And I am oh so serious!

Unknown said...

I'll have to check some of those out! They sound different from the ones that I typically read, so it might be a nice change.

Theresa said...

Thanks so much for posting these. I just checked out two of them from the library yesterday. I can't wait to get into them! Thanks again!

Debbie Deerwester said...

I loved looking at your list. Check out goodreads.com and invite all your friends and see what books they are reading. It's so hard to find time to read..but it's so nice when you get 10 minutes to yourself to read a little.