Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pampered By the Chef


Madison really enjoys cooking. For Christmas, she received some of her very own cookbooks. Once a week, she goes through her cookbooks and picks out something new to make. She makes me a list, I buy the necessary ingredients, and she is in charge of the meal. This is something new for us and it's been fun. Last week, she made Ratatouille (it's not just a movie) and garlic butter shrimp. It was AWESOME! Then she marks a plus, check, or minus next to her recipe so shes remembers how everyone liked it. Tonight she is cooking garlic lime chicken (from scratch and it's been marinating since last night). I'm not the pampered chef...I'm being pampered BY the chef.

8 comments:

Tami said...

Yea Madison! That dinner looks great! How fun to have another chef at your house. I want one of those!

Leslie said...

It's great that Madision is learing to cook and that she's having fun doing it. Her future husband will appreciate it too. When I was her age I disliked cooking so much that when I got into trouble my punishment was to make a cake or bake cookies!

Kristin said...

That is so impressive! A beautiful girl who can cook! Watch out, boys! I remember being in charge of making dinner as a teenager but it was because my mom worked, not because I wanted to. I'm going to have to get Noah interested in helping in the kitchen so he can help as he gets older.

Wendy Sousley said...

what a great talent for her to develope she and many others will love it!I hope one of my kids wants to learn to cook SOON!

Shelly Yorgesen said...

Oh how fun, we do this but each child has a night of the week to spend in the kitchen w/ mom or dad, they plan the meal a week ahead of time and then help cook, and clean up after the meal. It is very fun and I am learning that some kids know a little more about cooking then others do. I tend to think they all know the same for some silly reason. Can't wait to see you. I love that she is adding a new recipe to your menu that is always fun go Maddi!!!!

Shelli said...

I love that she does this! Way to go Madison. Looked delicious!

Mike and Julina said...

That looks so yummyyy. I want some. Such a great idea for her to make dinner.

Anonymous said...

Madison, are you for hire? I will show you how to make potato salad then you can make the best potato salad ever!!!!