Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Being a Big Brother

Caden has always taken his job as a big brother seriously. I have always been proud of him for this. Well, this morning, I reminded the kids that I was picking them up today from school since Christian had crosswalk duty. Macy said she wanted to ride the bus. This distressed Caden because she would be alone. He told Macy she couldn't ride by herself because she might get on the wrong bus. I asked him if he wanted to ride the bus with her. He didn't. I told him Macy would be fine. After school, I went to their classrooms to pick them up. I missed Caden since I was at Macy's classroom (I figured once she saw me she would change her mind about riding the bus) and Macy decided to just come home with me. We went to Caden's class but he was already gone. He bolted from his class, ran to the crosswalk that Christian was guarding, and told CHristian he was riding the bus home with Macy and to tell me. I caught him as he was running to the bus. He told me he was going to ride the bus home with Macy to make sure she was safe. I explained that she had changed her mind and we all went home together. I am so proud of how thoughtful he is and his concern for his little sister. If there is only one thing my children learn from me, I hope it is to show kindness to others....even those who don't show us kindness.

6 comments:

Shelli said...

Hey Leslie! Thanks for visiting my blog! Love your post, that is so cute about your son, what a sweetheart. Looks like you had fun scrapbooking. It's fun to get to know you better through your blog, you've done a great job! Think you'll ever come out to tennis again?

Mike and Julina said...

I love that Caden boy. Because of the way he is with Macy, I think he will be the kindest boy to date when he's older and make the sweetest husband.

Jenna said...

Hi Leslie,

What a small world that you found my blog. I am a crazy scrapbooker and
stamper. This hobby is so much fun and rewarding. Joe and I had fun checking your family blogs. Tell everyone hello for us. :)

Jenna & Joe

Anonymous said...

How sweet is that! Tell Caden to keep that up, it says alot about a person when they are always thinking about others. Nikolas is the same way with Kyler and Vanessa, and he is just the middle child!!

Wendy Sousley said...

He is so special! I love that kid ya wanna trade. WIlliam is finding the terrible twos!

Shelly Yorgesen said...

Oh what a sweet brother, how I love your kids!!!! i feel rotten that I am missing out on their life by living so far away. Still workin on my blog, need more time!!