Thursday, September 11, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Macy

Wednesdays and Thursdays are crazy days after school. We're on the go from 3:30 to about 7:30 and it's hard to cram time in to eat dinner. Christian's scouts ran over 30 minutes which cut into our grabbing a bite to eat before heading on to the next thing. The kids grabbed some easy snacks and we grabbed soccer gear and were out the door again. Well, I've been eating really healthy and didn't want to screw that up so I dropped Caden off and had about 15 minutes to spare getting Macy to gymnastics. WE stopped at a place to grab this yummy spinach/cranberry/almond/chicken salad and I was just going to share it with Christian and Macy. I told them I was getting a salad and would share it with them since they already had some snacks too. Macy said, "Oh good! I want to eat at least 5 croutons!" I explained to her that this salad didn't have any croutons. "OH! Well, then I'll eat the ranch!" I then told her that this salad didn't have ranch either. In a confused distressing voice, she said: "Well, if it doesn't have croutons and it doesn't have ranch, it's just leaves!" I laughed and explained what was on the salad and she said, "That's not a salad!" She had a few bites of my not-salad!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Macy is so funny! Patrick is always calling salads "rabbit food" so my kids tell me they're not rabbits so they don't have to eat it. Thanks Pat!

Mike and Julina said...

That's hilarious! I love the funny things that girl says. I can even hear her saying it in her Macy baby voice. She's so cute.

Leslie said...

Very funny!! Macy's always good for a few giggles. Hey, where did you get such a cute background for your blog? I think you should come over and help me with mine one of these days when you're home alone and you're not sure what to do.

Tami said...

That is so cute! That is how my kids feel about salads too. Don't you love to see how our cute kids minds work. Macy is adorable!