Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dear Mr. Obama Commercial

I got an email from a friend with this commercial. Ok, I'm not posting this to tell you all who to vote for. Everyone has a right to their own opinion on that matter. The message of this video, however, is powerful. As most of you know, I grew up in a military family. Most of my life was spent living on military bases where The Pledge of Allegiance is as sacred as a prayer. I get very defensive when I hear negative things about our troops. Our fellow Americans are in Iraq doing what they were sent to do. It's their job. Whether you agree with why we are in Iraq or not, the simple fact that we have fellow American brothers and sisters over there means they DESERVE our respect. The media mostly gives the negative side of our troops in Iraq. A dear friend of ours spent a year deployed in Baghdad and has story after story of the good that our troops are doing for the people of Iraq and the appreciation they have. So, whether you are for the war in Iraq or not, may we all remember the price of freedom...and the faces of those who pay the price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so well put!

Kristin said...

That was a great video clip! Thanks for posting!

Mike and Julina said...

That gave me chills. Good chills.