Friday, October 24, 2008

REPEAT PERFORMANCE?

So....Ken and I start biking up our monstrous "driveway." We get to the top and what do we find? Our kids STILLLLLLL waiting for their bus. Can you say deja vu? Ken offers to drive them to school and I keep on going. Inside my head, I'm thinking, is my chain going to come off this time, and, do you see any dead birds? It only lasts a second and I keep going. I get on Sagecrest to go down the big hill and there are two dogs in the road. The evil side of me is happy to see these creatures. I get out my dog spray.....yes, Mace for dogs.....and just dare them to come at me. One starts coming toward me and I get to spray him. I gave just a nice friendly little spray. I purposely missed him but got him close enough that he could smell it and leave me alone. Keep in mind that I'm going down hill and if this darn dog makes me fall off my bike, it's gonna hurt. Well, I'm happy to report, it was NOT a repeat performance of my previous post but a great ride of calm, solitude, clean hands, and kleenex the rest of the ride. I did blow a snot rocket or two for good measure....reminiscent of other GREAT rides.

6 comments:

The "J' Eder Family said...

I totally could have taken them, Jaden missed the bus too, we should call each other on bus miss days to see if the other missed too!! So glad you had a good bike ride today, but I love to read your stories:-)

Kristie said...

Okay, could you have left out the snot rocket part??? Gross!!!!

Mike and Julina said...

OK, I know you don't like hearing people fart but you can't tell you don't want to vomit when you blow a snot rocket, can you? I almost gagged reading that. I can handle hearing a fart any day but not a snot rocket. If you do that in front of me I just may aim for you when I spew. :0.....

Wendy Sousley said...

Leslie you are so dignified!! LOL

Leslie said...

I used to hate it when dogs chased me while I was cycling, but since I got my mace dog spray I LOVE IT! Ahhhhh, the sweet taste of revenge.

Shelly Yorgesen said...

Super funny story Les, I loved act one and am glad to hear it all ended w/ the kleenex in hand and may you never forget that it was ME who begat the snot rockets to begin w/. Yes a trick I learned as a young child beside my farmer dad...a priceless moment, a charished memory. tee.....I love you. Shel